Tutor Enrolment Application Form
To register as a tutor with us, using the blue link below, please download our application form for completion and return it to the College via email or post.MTC Tutor Enrolment Application Form
We are currently recruiting part-time tutors in a range of subjects, to teach students of all ages at GCSE and GCE levels. Experience in teaching GCSE and/or GCE level is required and the roles would suit recently qualified or recently retired teachers, or part-time school staff. Experience with SEN would be beneficial, but not essential.
We are always open to high calibre tutors across most disciplines but have a current focus on teachers with experience in the following subject areas:
- Science (each of Biology, Chemistry and Physics)
- Business Studies
- English (Language and Literature)
The role involves the following responsibilities:
- Teaching at our college in Macclesfield, with the potential for occasional in-home or online lessons.
- Teaching on a one-to-one or small group basis.
- Responsibility for producing schemes of work.
- Providing feedback to students and to the College.
- Daytime and potentially some evening hours.
Rates of pay are competitive.
All tutors at Macclesfield Tutorial College must have a current DBS certificate. If you do not have one, please contact a member of our office staff to discuss submitting an application.
- part or full time GCSE and A Level courses. The College enrols students who are not studying with a school or college and require a bespoke timetable with a view to taking GCSE or A Level exams. This may be young people seeking alternative provision, having found that a traditional school environment does not meet their needs (some of our students are SEN, possibly with an EHC plan and local authority support), mature students wishing to retrain, or numerous other reasons. The courses typically run over 1 or 2 years but will not always adhere to typical term dates. Teaching may be daytime or in the evenings and typically involves multiple hours of tuition per week.
- Supporting tuition. The College also serves as a tutor agency, matching the appropriate tutor with customer enquiries. We offer support to students of all ages and lessons may take place in the daytime or evenings (generally outside school hours). This is more likely to be an hour or two of supporting tuition per week, per customer.
- an examination centre for private candidates. The College is accredited with each of the main UK exam boards, and can offer most subjects.
Each of these services gives rise to work which we can offer to tutors (all of whom are self-employed) and invigilators on our database with, for example, the potential for strong tutors working on our courses to essentially choose how many hours they wish to work each week. Almost all of our tutoring happens here in the College, with occasional lessons happening online or in the student’s home.